Along with having to bear with the hormone and blemish surge that is puberty, I’ve done my fair share of things to provoke my skin into anger. Examples: accidentally using cleanser as lotion and lotion as cleanser (…), slathering my whole face with benzoyl peroxide (I was desperate…and so flaky, you could have made me into a cereal–sorry, maybe that was too gross), etc.
|1. About the drawing, this is how I imagine things look once you magnify the skin 1000000000000x times.
2. One thing I enjoy about taking these pictures is seeing how many things I can hold in my hand at once.
Tea tree essential oil
- How to use: Starting with a clean face post-toning, pour some onto a cotton pad or Q-tip, then lightly dab over problem areas. DON’T GO OVERBOARD or else you will irritate your skin.
- Why use it: It’s the safer alternative to benzoyl peroxide–works slightly slower but without the flaky (and potentially toxic) side effects. It’s antiseptic, antifungal, and antimicrobial–aka it will destroy bacteria-filled pimples
Lavender essential oil
- How to use: Same as tea tree.
- Why use it: Same reasons as tea tree plus lavender is therapeutic, did you know? Calms you down. And can help make you sleepy. It’s also antibacterial, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory–so it’s like tea tree plus redness reducing
Note: As far as using them together, I don’t. At the same time at least. I am always afraid now of provoking my skin, so I’ll use one at a time during the morning or night. Lately I’ve been liking lavender at night and tea tree in the morning.