…because you don’t want to be sweeping bacteria over your face everyday. This should be at least a weekly event (but sometimes I go two weeks…or one month…but I try to be good!) and it is super easy, and super rewarding because a soft makeup brush in the morning just feel mmmm so good. And the whole not spreading bacteria part too.
|Just cleaned brushes from left to right: ecotools Bamboo Powder Brush, e.l.f. Angled Foundation Brush, Pur Minerals Chisel Mineral Makeup Brush (mini special edition), e.l.f. Concealer Brush, ecotools Bamboo Deluxe Concealer Brush, bareMinerals Double-Ended Precision Brush, ecotools Angled Eyeliner Brush|
How I clean my makeup brushes:
- Grab hopefully organic shampoo
- Squirt pea size onto palm
- Wet makeup brush
- Swirl bristles into shampoo
- Set aside brush to wash other brushes, add more shampoo to hand if necessary
- When all brushes have been shampooed, rinse bristles while avoiding the barrel (don’t want the water to mess with the glue holding the bristles) until the water squeezed out from the bristles isn’t makeup-y and soap-y
- Bonus: use hopefully organic conditioner on bristles in same manner as shampoo, let it set for a couple minutes, and then rinse out
- Set brushes aside to dry (overnight is convenient).
Note: knowledge obtained from various makeup gurus on Youtube and the world of the Interwebz