Since my face decided to hate me for using coconut oil based products over the summer*, I’ve been following this cleansing routine at night to coax it into behaving, and it’s been working (now my face just mildly dislikes me every now and then). Makeup is gently but thoroughly removed, face is gently but thoroughly cleansed. Check.
1. Rub ~10 drops of jojoba oil between palms and massage onto face to break up the makeup (rhyme)
2. Wet a small towel with warm water and press onto face and go ahhh…(repeat ~3 times) then wipe away makeup
4. Scoop out a tablespoon of raw honey and massage onto face like a normal cleanser
5. Rinse face
Why it’s awesome
- Jojoba oil is very similar to the oil our skin produces and like dissolves like–aka putting jojoba oil on your face attracts your face’s dirty oils and then you wipe it away. Yay. (also rhyme)
- Raw honey is antibacterial, antifungal, moisturizing, smells awesome, tastes good if you get it in your mouth (can’t say that about most cleansers on the market), and all-around just fantastic.
- Double cleansing (aka this oil followed by honey business) first takes care of oil-based dirt (like makeup) and then water-based dirt (like sweat). It’s got all the dirt covered.
*Some people have great results with coconut oil because it is also antibacterial, antifungal, and moisturizing but other people like me don’t. It is also possible that I wasn’t using the most purest form of coconut oil so that may have also skewed my results.