- Link back to this post so I can include you + and title your post as I have.
- Only use make-up products that you own for 6 months minimum. No exceptions! And have a lot of fun creating, as though you were introducing your own collection.
- Please tag other 5 to 10 green beauty bloggers, making sure they notice 😉
- And the best part: if you’re not a green beauty blogger but like to join the fun, just do it following the rules 1-3!
- I only keep mascaras for 3 months top because I am not a fan of bacteria growing in mascara tubes.
- I’ve tossed several products that expired recently and replaced them.
- I fell in love with the bronzy look Shirley Pinkson gave me at W3ll People’s Beauty Cirque launch (read more about that here) and have been recreating it almost every day since with my own collection (plus several that I purchased at the event).
Onto the look:
2. I even out my complexion with a tapping of W3ll People Altruist Mineral Foundation in 15 + W3ll People Kabuki Brush + confident downward strokes. I usually go for 1-2 layers of the mineral foundation depending on how much coverage I want–one for when I’m feeling pretty good about my skin or #YOLO about blemishes that peek through, two for when I have a little more blemishes or redness and want a fuller coverage. Here I opted for a lighter coverage.
Despite the hassle of loose powder and brushes, mineral foundation provides me with the best coverage with the lightest feel and the least fear of breakouts. When I sweat (which is a lot in the summer), I feel like my foundation looks even better as the minerals mix with my skin oils.
4. I curl my eyelashes with my Shiseido eyelash curler to prep for mascara.
5. I apply W3ll People Expressionist Mascara by wiggling the wand at the roots and twirling through the rest of my lashes. My mascara’d lashes usually wilt back to their straight state within a minute after application, so I usually wait 5-15 minutes before re-curling them with my eyelash curler.
6. I conceal with W3ll People Narcissist 3 by warming the stick with my finger + tapping to blend + on the dark outlines of my undereyes + on my eyelids as a primer/conceal redness. I’m not in love with how this looks when I use it all over my face, but it is gold for these sorts of non-blemish spot concealing.
7. I turn myself into a cat with Benecos Natural Eyeliner in Black. Meow.
8. I illuminate my inner corners with Kjaer Weis Highlighter in Radiance which is amazingly and beautifully radiant. Quickly comparing it to rms beauty living luminizer and La Bella Figura Highlighter in Brazilian Denise–this is the most obviously sparkly of these highlighters. I can use less product for more shine, and yet it does not look artificial or tacky at all. I also sometimes take it on the bridge of my nose, under my eyebrows, and on the tops of my cheekbones, but I love it best for my eyes.
9. Even though Altruist is a mineral foundation, I find it gives me a pretty dewy look, so I powder up my T-zone with rms ‘un’ powder because I am a sweaty beast.
10. Every other day when I don’t wash my hair, I tap One Love Organic’s Healthy Locks dry shampoo into my roots, massage it in, wait 5-10 min, and then brush it out. This is probably my favorite product from OLO’s summer collection (get it before September 15th!)–I find it absorbs my grease to the point where I look acceptable in public and it lightly perfumes my hair.
tl;dr And that’s the finished look. A bit bronzey, a bit catty, and very simple. A summary of products used:
- W3ll People Altruist Mineral Foundation 15 to even out my complexion
- W3ll People Bio Bronzer to add color back in my face
- W3ll People Kabuki Brush for foundation and bronzer as a kabuki taco
- Shiseido eyelash curler to curl my lashes
- W3ll People Expressionist Bio Extreme Mascara to thicken up my stick-straight lashes
- W3ll People Narcissist 3 to conceal my undereyes and prime my eyelids
- Benecos Natural Eyeliner in Black to cat-eye myself
- Kjaer Weis Highlighter in Radiant to highlight the inner corners of my eyes
- rms beauty ‘un’ powder to reduce shine in my T-zone
- One Love Organics Healthy Locks to absorb grease in my second-day hair
- Marcella from Naturally Marcy
- Ru from Short Small Sweet
- Kim from kimberyloc
- Kasey from Plein Vanity
- WengYee from 9 out of Ten
And anyone else who would like to do the tag. What has been your signature summer look? Let me know in the comments!
Disclaimer: I purchased all of the makeup used in this post. I have not retouched any of the pictures except for the flat lay in order to give a true representation of color. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Affiliate links are included in this post.